Life Recovery Coaching
Life Recovery Coaching may be beneficial for individuals in early recovery from addiction and mental health disorders. Most newly sober people are adjusting to a new way of life. Many have found a new sense of self and for the first time confident in their ability to move forward in life. They are living in a safe setting and possibly attending an outpatient program nearby. This is an excellent start! However, a lot happens between outpatient treatment, sober living and recovery meetings. For that reason, we look to fill those gaps to ensure sobriety and sustainability.
A comprehensive life recovery-coaching program that assists individuals with growth and success. This mostly occurs once someone has completed residential treatment or has found difficulty sustaining sobriety. Recovery coaching uses a strength-based model and places a high emphasis on improving present life and reaching goals for the future. The recovery coach is an addition to a therapist, sober house manager and sponsor. We are the mortar between the bricks.
We also provide a level of accountability that the indigenous recovering community cannot be expected to provide. At Drew Horowitz & Associates, LLC we understand the array of barriers that prevents individuals from defining, joining and remaining in healthy environments. These barriers may be internal, such as low motivation, emotional struggles, medical conditions, mental health diagnosis or even spiritual confusion. There may also be external barriers that prevent them from safely meeting their needs related to housing, employment, nutrition, socialization and transportation. Our goal is to assist our clients to overcome these barriers so that they can find and sustain recovery from addiction and mental health.
How do we do this?
Our program works around and between already scheduled events, such as treatment, therapy, AA meetings and personal obligations. We schedule 3-4 hours of individual coaching per week and engage our clients in 3-4 hours of group/community events per week. We have found that the combination of individual and group is crucial to the development and success for our clients. A typical group outing may include a trip to a local sporting event or restaurant. In this capacity, we use real life situations to challenge our clients to grow. We believe that people grown when they are in the community versus behind closed doors.
Our services are not intended to replace therapy or treatment. We are used to enhance the recovery and treatment experience by building off of existing treatment plans and client strengths.
We would be grateful to partner with you on the road to recovery….
ON CALL CRISIS SUPPORT
- Phone support available 24/7
- Education on how to ask for help
DAILY, WEEKLY & WEEKEND PLANNING
- Learning how to use a day planner
- Support in following through with commitments and appointments
- Creating an hour by hour schedule when necessary
- Learning to deal with free time and/or unstructured time
- Nutritional consulting (meal planning, food choice education, safe supplements to use)
- Support with eating disorder issues
- Creating an exercise routine
- Hiking/walking/running sessions
- Creating a personalized self-care plan (acupuncture, yoga, body coach, personal trainers, etc.)
- Finding a job/volunteer work/internship
- Getting back to school (GED & College application support)
- Resume/cover letter writing support
- Interview skill development
- Support with changing careers
- Study Skills
For More Information Download Our Enhanced Recovery Coaching Brochure PDF
- Addressing over spending and under spending
- Learning how to create a monthly and weekly budget
- How to use checkbook/credit cards/open bank account/pay bills
- Learning how to re-establish trust with family/significant other/friends around money issues
- Learning how to have fun in recovery and explore different hobbies
- How to build fun into weekly schedule
- Finding one’s own aspirations and dreams
- Spirituality support
- Help in finding safe and comfortable meetings
- Daily relapse prevention plan
- Support in finding a sponsor
- Education on Cycle of Addictions
- Support in establishing healthy friendships and relationships
- Works with psychiatrists, therapists, sober living & outpatient programs and other service providers to provide a team approach
- Referrals to various professionals with specializations in addiction/mental health provided as needed