Creating Change: What is the Role of the Family?
April 27 @ 9:30am - 11:00am
About the Event
This presentation will provide attendees with a comprehensive understanding of the family dynamic and the challenges encountered when intervening and exploring solutions to behavioral health conditions. This presentation will focus on key concepts in supporting families, friends and loved ones. Participants will learn how to compassionately engage with loved ones, recognize ineffective behaviors, and guide families on healthy behaviors during active use and early recovery. Through anecdotes, best practices and experiential activities, participants will establish a base of knowledge on how to evoke change and manage the highly emotional and fearful impact on families watching a loved one with untreated substance use, mental health and co-occurring disorders.
- Participants will understand the critical role of families in creating change.
- Participants will be able to recognize debilitating behaviors in the family system and approaches to guiding families on healthy participation.
- Participants will be able to identify evidence-based intervention techniques to support positive change.
- Participants will explore the impact of behavioral health conditions on family dynamics and communication patterns.
- Participants will be able to develop a family-centered treatment plan that involves and support family members in the recovery process.
About the Presenters
Drew Horowitz, MA, LADC, LPCC, CIP is a nationally known and well recognized clinical interventionist and therapist. Drew Horowitz brings a vast range of expertise working with and overseeing clinical teams in the behavioral health field. With over a decade of experience, he has worked with a multitude of populations providing drug & alcohol detoxification, clinical case management, individual therapy, continuing care coordination, intensive outpatient services, consultation, intervention, coaching, and mental health counseling.
Carmichael Finn MA, LAMFT, LADC, ADCR-MN, “Finn”, (He/She/They) is the current Executive Director at Recovering Hope Treatment Center in Mora, Minnesota. Finn has over twenty years of experience providing services to families and individuals. Finn is licensed as an alcohol and drug counselor in the State of Minnesota, has a Masters degree in Marriage and Family Therapy and is a Community Faculty member at Metropolitan State. Finn is the owner of Carmichael Finn LLC, focusing on team-building, training and quality consultation for behavioral health organizations. www.carmichaelfinn.com.
- CEU applications have been submitted to the Boards of Behavioral Health, Social Work and Marriage and Family Therapy. 1.5 CEUS will be available. This event will not include ethics or cultural competency CEUs.
- Attendees will be issued a CEU certificate upon completion of a post-event survey and post-test. Certificates will not be issued on-site at the event.
- To comply with board requirements for tracking attendance, attendees will be required to check-in to the event and check-out at the conclusion of the event.
- This is a hybrid event with both in-person and virtual tickets available. Please be sure you have selected the correct ticket-type at checkout, as refunds and conversions are not available.
- Drew Horowitz & Associates does not offer refunds on ticket purchases. If you’re not able to attend the event after purchase, please contact us to transfer your ticket to another individual.
- Direct any questions or comments to Kara Frahm, Director of Marketing and Business Development at [email protected]
Do you have a question for our presenters? Submit your questions to our online form and our experts will address them during this exclusive presentation.
This event is presented and sponsored by the Horowitz Health family of companies, and Recovering Hope Treatment Center.