- This event has passed.
Substance Use and Intervention, Working Through Ambivalence
May 27, 2021 @ 12:00pm - 1:00pm
Presented by Drew Horowitz, MA, LADC, LPCC, CIP
About the Virtual Presentation
We are excited to offer this one hour professional training opportunity. Drew Horowitz, founder of the DHA companies, draws upon his 10 years of experience as a professional interventionist to provide insight into the benefits of intervention and practical education on the skills, knowledge and awareness needed to work with individuals who are struggling to accept help for their substance use disorder.
Attendees who are actively engaged in this training will:
- Gain general knowledge of substance use disorder, specifically around individuals who are unwilling to seek treatment for their condition.
- Learn valuable insight into the addictive brain, general patterns of active addiction and help participants understand how one makes decisions while actively using psychoactive substances.
- Begin to possess the language of addiction and learn how to effectively speak to individuals who are actively using. With this skill, participants will understand how to move active users into a safe setting so they can heal.
About the Presenter
Drew Horowitz, MA, LADC, LPCC, CIP is a nationally known and well recognized clinical interventionist and therapist.
Drew works to educate families and treat individuals with substance use disorder. Drew has mastered some of the most comprehensive techniques that can assist counselors in helping their clients works through ambivalence around entering treatment. Individuals with substance use disorder often times contemplate getting help despite catastrophic consequences, generally feeling that there is an easier to get better without entering a treatment facility. Drew helps coach professionals and families on key strategies to get individuals the help they need.
- One hour CE credit available and approved by the Minnesota Boards of Behavioral Health & Therapy (LADC, LPC, LPCC), Social Work and Marriage and Family Therapy.
- This a virtual (Zoom) event. The event link will be provided after purchase and enrollment.
- CEU Certificates will be provided virtually following the completion of a post-event evaluation and post-test.
- Questions? Please contact us at at [email protected].
This event is presented and sponsored by: